Sulky Soft'n Sheer stabilizer is an acid-free permanent, lightweight, textured, non-woven nylon that has excellent stretch resistance and is ultra-soft next to your skin.
It provides great permanent stability to stitch on lightweight knits and woven fabrics.
Excellent stretch resistance eliminates pulling or sagging of the embroidery design during stitching and remains with fabric for continued stabilization through laundering and wearing.
Easy removal once stitching is completed, remove from the hoop and cut away the stabilizer up to the outer edge. All Sulky stabilizers are acid and lead-free!
- 20" x 1 yd Package
- 20" x 3 yd Package
Backing or Topping: Backing
Hand Weight: Light
Permanent or Temporary: Permanent
Removal Method: Cut-Away
Brand: Soft'n Sheer
- Open-Weave Fabrics
- Lightweight Sweater Knits
- Free-Form Embroidery
- T-Shirt Knits
- Lightweight Rayon and Synthetic Fabrics
- Because all Sulky Stabilizers (except Tender Touch) are made from non-woven materials they don’t stretch in any direction.
- To hold non-fusible Cut-Away stabilizers in place, spray the wrong side with Sulky KK 2000 Temporary Spray Adhesive then finger-press them in place
- Soft ‘n Sheer is ideal for dense embroidery designs, open-weave fabrics, or lightweight fabrics with a complex design.
- Since Soft ‘n Sheer is made of 100% continuous filament nylon and polyethylene copolymers, it does not tolerate hot iron;
- To make free-form computerized embroidered appliqués, trim Soft ‘n Sheer to 1/8” then burn away the excess with a stencil cutter or wood-burning tool
- Some fabrics are so stretchy they can force themselves down the throat plate. A Sulky Cut-Away Stabilizer not only helps maintain the crispness of a design's detail, but it also helps retain the design's shape after repeated washings.